Meeting Minutes

Group

ARMA Liberty Bell Chapter Board of Directors

 

Meeting Information

Meeting Title:

October 18,  2007 Board Meeting

Meeting Date:

10/18/07

Time:

3:00 – 4:00pm

Location:

Holiday Inn, Historic District – 4th and Arch, Philadelphia, PA

 

Meeting Participants

Attendees

Edwin Rodriguez, Ray Davis, Carolyn Hessinger, Ellie Kidd, Eileen Reader, Janice Raphael, Bernie Lasoski and Pete Casey

Published By

Pete Casey

Date Published

11/14/07

 

Minutes/Notes

Item #

Description

1

Secretary – Approval of Minutes:  The Minutes for the May meeting were approved.  Ray Davis made a motion to approve and it was seconded by Carolyn Hessinger.

2

Treasurer’s Report:  Janice Raphael submitted a profit and loss sheet. For the year 2006 – 2007. Edwin Rodriguez made a motion to approve and Pete Casey seconded.

3

Regional Coordinator’s Report:  The Gaithersburg Chapter and Charleston Chapter have both shown interest in hosting the Region Leadership Conference.

4

Committee Reports:

5

Program Committee

Janice Raphael, Program Chair, gave an overview of the 2007 -2008 programs. October’s meeting is confirmed. Sharon Neff of DuPont will be giving a presentation on computer based training. Tom Benjamin of Iron Mountain will give a talk on vital records protection in November. The LBC chapter will be celebrating the 40th anniversary of the chapter for the December meeting.. This event will be free to members and will be hosted by the law offices of Wolf Block. Janice said that she will work to promote this event. The program will be a “poster session” – Best and Worst of RIM practices over the years. The concept is to promote networking.

 

We still do not have a speaker scheduled for January, but Keith Reynolds is working on procuring a speaker. Ellie Kidd suggested a speaker that works for NARA. She will contact Keith Reynolds to check for his progress and contact the NARA speaker if a speaker has not been procured.

 

AIIM will be hosting the joint meeting in March. AIIM told us that they will confirm the date of the joint meeting.

 

April’s meeting is on Legal issues. Ellie Kidd has two potential speakers.  We do not have a speaker for May, but Ray Davis is working on this.

6

House Committee:  Edwin Rodriguez, House Chair, reported that there are currently 19 registrations for Thursday's meeting.

Edwin compiled a list of attendees for the 2006 - 2007 meetings that  broke down attendees by industry per topic.

7

Newsletter Committee:

Ray Davis, newsletter chair, reported that the September newsletter was mailed to the 141 members of the chapter.

We have DocuPro as a new advertiser taking out a 1/4 page ad.   He is looking to confirm if they will be advertising for one month or for the entire season.  He should have confirmation by next month’s Meeting
. We will be looking to see if DocuPro and Paperless Solutions would like to continue to advertise.  Ray said that he will place a blurb about Diamond State’s 25th anniversary.

The newsletters have not been posted to the web site yet.

8

Publicity Committee:  

 

Terri Carline, publicity chair, did not send a publicity report to Pete Casey’s attention.

9

 

Membership Committee - 

 

Ray Davis, membership chair, reported that the membership total for October 2007 is 140 members ...... down 10 from September 2006 membership count of 150.

According to current ARMA International reports, we have approximately 6-8 new members that did not appear on the latest report.  They should be reflected in the November file.

Ray is currently developing Membership procedures .... to include 1] letters to existing members soon to expire ..... 2] letters to members that have expired ... 3]  letters with an invoice to ARMA members on the 099 list ..... and 4] membership recruiting letters.

Bernie Lasoski and Keith Reynolds have indicated their desire to assist in the recruiting phase by doing the front end research identifying the potential member candidates the recruiting letters will be sent to.  The goal is 50 letters going out each month.

10

Scholarship Committee

Carolyn  Hessinger, Scholarship Chair, will write an article for the newsletter titled “Almost Free Money” to promote the scholarship. Janice Raphael distributed a draft of a Liberty Bell Scholarship Template form. The template will help people focus their thoughts for the article. The chapter will mentor the person that writes the article and will provide assistance in writing the article if needed.

11

Library Committee:  Edwin Rodriguez, Library Chair, reported that we had no new entries added to the Library.

He said that his  goal is to increase awareness of the library to members and  explore ways to make additions to the library. For example, we could initiate a book drive. The request to post the order form for library books on the chapter website separate from the inventory form has not been completed..

12

Seminar Report: Janice Raphael gave an overview of this year’s seminar. Julie Gable will speak at this year’s seminar on electronic records management. Janice said that this topic should be of interest to ARMA members. Electronic records are becoming more prevalent within business and there are new challenges that must be overcome with the use of the new technology. Bernie Lasoski suggested we look to advertise in print. We should check the Philadelphia Business Journal for the cost of a quarter page advertisement.

13

Old Business:  

Ray Davis will be hosting a show on records management that can be posted on the internet. Inside the Records Room - with your host Ray Davis is the name of the show. Ray set an action task to look into projected costs for broadcasting and web hosting a monthly event like this.

14

New Business:  

 

The Liberty Bell Chapter won Newsletter of the Year award at the 2007 ARMA International Conference in Baltimore. Board members are inspired to try to achieve Chapter of the Year and Website of the Year.

Eileen proposed that the chapter start a 50/50 drawing at each meeting. Half of the money would go toward the ARMA International Educational Foundation.

 

Eileen Reader also proposed a new technique for vendor sponsorship. She handed out a document outlining the new program for vendor sponsorship. Instead of asking for sponsorship for many different occasions – newsletter/seminar etc sponsorship could be a one time payment and could be tiered – gold level, silver level, bronze level etc. Eileen will email the criteria to the board for their review.

 

Eileen was inspired after reviewing a meeting notice from the Northern NJ ARMA chapter. Eileen proposes to send out a meeting notice (Terri Carline to send) on the Monday immediately following the meeting. We will create a template to fill out and give to Terri Carline so that she can quickly send out the meeting notice so that we may boost attendance at the meeting. The template will be created by Lauren Carline at a cost of $150. The vote was unanimous amongst the attending board members.

15

Ray Davis made a motion to end the meeting.  The motion was seconded by Edwin Rodriguez. The meeting ended at 4:05

 

 

Action Items

Item #

Description

 

Person Responsible

Due Date

1

Identifying organizations via chamber of commerce websites for marketing initiatives

Ray Davis

Ongoing business

2

Broadcasting Chapter Meeting Presentations to the Internet

Ray Davis

Ongoing business

3